* Search Engine Marketing – Blogs give you an increased presence on major search engines like Google and Yahoo
* Direct Communications – Blogs provide a way for you to speak directly and honestly with your customer
* Brand Building – Blogs serve as another channel to put your brand in front of the customer
* Competitive Differentiation – Because blogs give you the opportunity to tell your story over and over, they help set you apart from the competition
* Relational Marketing – Blogs allow you to build personal, long-lasting relationships with your customer that foster trust
* Exploit the Niches – Blogs help you fill your particular industry niche
* Media & Public Relations – Blogs are excellent PR tools. The media calls you, not your competition
* Reputation Management – Blogs enable you to manage your online reputation
* Position You as Expert – Blogs enable you to articulate your viewpoints, knowledge, and expertise on matters pertaining to your industry.
* Intranet & Project Managment – Blogs make great, easy-to-use applications for internal communications within an organization. This may be one of the least well-known and underutilized areas of blogs.